Tuesday, May 4, 2010

mickey mouse club...


Tonight I had the chance to get a baby sitter and visit my hubby at work. He was working on VH1 Storytellers that featured Christina Aguilera. Well to be honest I was less than thrilled that she was being featured. I am not into her music. I'm not really into pop music for that matter and could probably list about a million artists that I would have preferred to have seen on my "ME" time night out. But when life hands you lemons you make lemonade or something. She was mostly boring and the same old vocal "acrobatics" that I find just horrifying, but she did say a few things that got me to start thinking. I'm not talking about some Einstein stuff here, but I started to think.
What did she say you ask? Mixed in with a lot of nonsense...Well, she spoke a lot about the "scars of your past". What we all went through as young woman, young girls, shaped us into the woman of today. (I might add that I just articulated her speech much more eloquently than she did.. haha Im just saying) So I started to think. What significant bruises have changed my life. Which bumps have made you a stronger woman? Which bruises do you flat out wish had never happened?
The funny thing about becoming a mother, I mostly think about preventing the bruises for my daughters. At some point I stopped thinking of me and started to apply my fears onto them. How am I shaping and changing their lives? How are the people around them changing their lives? I can't prevent all the bumps and bruises for my two daughter and it started another thought, would you even want to take all those things away? Would we still be the same people? We are not the strong woman we have become by living through all the happy times. The Mickey Mouse Club times (I had to tie her back into this somehow) lol We are who we are because we made it through the hard times. So thank you Christina Aguilera, because of you, I have lived through your concert and I am now a little bit of a better person!! Just a thought bunnies...

No comments:

Post a Comment