Wednesday, May 5, 2010

mamma, mam, mom, mother


This is a picture of my home water birth when I became mommy for the second time!

Mother's Day is an important time to honor moms everywhere.

May 10th, 1908 was the first celebration of modern American Mother's Day. Anna M. Jarvis, whose mother tried to reunite families splintered by the Civil War, campaigned for an official day set aside to honor mothers in America. That tradition still continues today.

Wow can you even imagine a civil war? Blows my mind, to think how lucky we are to have an "economic melt down" instead of a civil war!!
On another note this will be my 4th Mother's Day celebrating as a mother, but more important, this is the 4th Mother's day that I have truly understood and really deeply appreciated my mother!! Growing up I just didn't understand my mother and I am not going to lie I sometimes still do not understand her. But I have a deep appreciation for all that she has done for me, and continues to do everyday. She is my wonder woman!
So I am going to come up with a few Mother's Day ideas this week just in case you forgot and are hard up for some last minute gifts...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I admire you for a home birth!

    It's nice that you've come to understand your mother. I think mother-daughter relationships are sometimes hard! I'm afraid of that with my own little one!! Hopefully I'll manage and learn as we go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Dariela.
    I think you will more than manage and have no problem with your new little one. From what I have seen you are a wonderfully caring, loving mother and in the end that is all that really matters!!

    ReplyDelete